Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Commitment

I'm BACK! Finally. I have worked up my stubbornness for this year and I'm not gonna let it go without a good fight. "A little agressive?" you might think. Yes and No. I find that I am not doing something whole heartedly until I have gotten a resolve to be incredibly stubborn with it. I went through a lot of different challenges this past year with Girly Gauges. They mostly seem trivial now, but I will share 2 that are the most distinct in my mind.
  1. I really wanted to be able to cast or produce acrylic gauges myself. The reason that this was a challenge for me is that I dragged my feet for so long trying to figure it out that when I finally did around October that it wouldn't make sense for me to do that... I was... hmmm.... uh really annoyed with myself. I still want to continue working with wood, however I would like to find a wholesale acrylic that would suit your needs as well. Sometimes I really like switching between organic and non organic plugs. 
  2. I found another Etsy store that does something really simular to me. Although I am absolutely happy with my designs and my goals, it was somewhat disorienting coming back from my year long hiatus only to find that someone else had found the niche and was taking my place. Melo dramatic I know! 

Through both of these challenges, I was able to step back and take a second look at what I was doing. Which wasn't much. I needed to step up my game. I will step up my game. In the midst of me deciding that I wanted to do this, I had a light bulb flicker on in my mind... it's one of those that you can't believe you didn't think of it before. I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with sizing, and not limiting you to only looking for your size. You're intrigued I know, but believe it or not, I'm going to make you wait for this. I hate to be so mean about this, but I really am excited to give you a bit of a surprise.

Stay Stubborn,
Stay Girly!

With Love,
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Ear gauging was , and still is, used by tribal elders to signify their status, while for women it was more decorative but also an indication of womanhood. See more here Gauges . . . Thanks....

    ReplyDelete